I found my passion for reading and storytelling at an early age, especially fantastical worlds hidden within our own. My first novel, A Curse of Thorns, is a self-published YA Beauty and the Beast retelling that takes place in an alternate past of France. I’ve also had a few short stories published: “Of Scales and Sorrow” and “The Goblin Girl” were both part of a yearly showcase on author Jolene Haley’s website, and “Brother of the Monster” was selected by YA author Megan Shepherd to be published in a collection called The Beastie Tales. All three of these stories can also be found on the Other Writing page on this website. I graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a degree in English, and currently live in Southern California with my husband and our rescue dogs, Luna and Lilly.
- Besides where I currently live, I’ve lived in San Diego (CA), Michigan, and Arizona.
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- I traveled around Europe after college with him; my favorite places were Florence, Prague, Amsterdam, and Ireland.
- I love watching sports. My favorite is hockey, and my team is the Detroit Red Wings.
- I’ve been playing soccer since I was 8 or 9 and continue to play with a pickup group.
- I have a wonderful book room at home, and my husband built the shelves from scratch (I helped).
- My favorite food is sushi.
- My comfort movies are rom-coms, the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended editions, obvi), and OG Disney movies.